- 1 daikon radish, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms, julienned, lightly drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery sticks, julienned
- 2 carrot sticks, julienned
- 5 green onion stalks, sliced extremely thin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves pulled from the stalk but not chopped
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For the spring rolls: Put a daikon radish slice on a flat surface. With your fingertip, spread a layer of sesame oil over the surface and lightly season with salt and pepper. In the middle of the slice, put a small amount of each of the remaining ingredients, placing horizontally. Roll the radish slice tightly to encompass all the ingredients and create the look of a spring roll. Add a small amount of sesame oil on the edge of the radish slice to seal the roll. Continue this process until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the dipping sauce: Mix ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Recipe courtesy Jesse Brune, 2010