Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo
- 1 cup minced sweet chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cups Carnaroli rice or Arborio, if not available
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Mancego, plus more, for garnish
- 1 cup peas, frozen, fresh, or canned
- Chopped parsley, as a garnish
Add the rice. Stir for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and cook down. Start adding the stock, two ounces at a time, keeping the heat on low.
Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cooked, should be al dente. Finish with butter, cheese, peas, and chorizo.
Emeril's Atlanta's Port Wine Glazed Roasted Duck with Pureed Sweet Potatoes, Haricots Verts and Roasted Shallots
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse