Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo
- 1 cup minced sweet chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cups Carnaroli rice or Arborio, if not available
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Mancego, plus more, for garnish
- 1 cup peas, frozen, fresh, or canned
- Chopped parsley, as a garnish
Add the rice. Stir for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and cook down. Start adding the stock, two ounces at a time, keeping the heat on low.
Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cooked, should be al dente. Finish with butter, cheese, peas, and chorizo.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Bernstein
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine