My mother does a lovely job on this mash and it is to this day one of my favorite dishes.
- 1 pound peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 pound peeled and chopped rutabaga
- 1/2 stick, 4 tablespoons, butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Boil carrots and rutabaga together until just soft. Drain and add butter. Smash together using either a potato masher or food processor until it looks like a puree. Season with lots of pepper and a little salt. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley.