- 6 (6-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, medium diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a knife blade and minced
- 1 (29 to 32-ounce) can plum tomatoes or 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (about 4 to 6), medium diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat grill. Coat chicken with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
For the topping, heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, olives and capers, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook and thicken.
Grill chicken over high heat until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per side depending on the thickness, and serve with topping.
Per serving: Calories: 305; Total Fat: 12 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 38 grams; Total carbohydrates: 11 grams; Sugar: 5 grams; Fiber: 2.5 grams; Cholesterol: 109 milligrams; Sodium: 582 milligrams