Lapsang Souchong Tea Steamed Clams
- 1 gallon water
- 1 tablespoon sea or kosher salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch semi-circles
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 4 stalks lemongrass, bottom white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered and halved
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 6 individual bags Lapsang Souchong tea or 2 ounces whole leaves
- 4 pounds fresh clams in bags, (recommended: littleneck or cherrystone)
In a 2 to 3 gallon stock pot, over medium-high heat, add the water, salt, bay leaves, carrots, celery, lemongrass and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Once the vegetables have softened slightly, add the ginger, fruits, and tea. Allow the flavors to blend for 10 minutes, then add the bagged clams. Cook until the clams have opened about 10 to 14 minutes. Remove the clam bags from the water, and put them into a colander. Open the bags, drain and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.