Malibu Barbie - Seafood Salad
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and flesh roughly diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 8 (16/20 count) cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined and cut lengthwise in half)
- 1/2 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommend: Tabasco)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
In a large bowl mix together the diced avocado, onions, cucumber, shrimp, and crabmeat and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In another bowl or a kitchen blender mix together the yogurt, ketchup, and lemon juice. When mixed thoroughly, slowly add the hot sauce, (not too much as it will over power the seafood).
To finish the dish, slowly add the dressing to the avocado mixture until slightly wet. Place 3 to 4 slices of tomato in the center of each serving plate, slightly separate just so the tomatoes touch.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.