- 4 racks baby back ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rib Rub, recipe follows
- BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
- Rib Rub:
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard, such as Coleman's
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 5 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- BBQ Sauce:
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Prepare a smoker to high heat, 450 degrees F.
To prepare the ribs, remove the silver skin from the back or under rib side. Mix the soy and Worcestershire sauces together. Then on a baking sheet or pan, mop on the basting liquid and sprinkle with the Rib Rub. After basting and seasoning, place the ribs on the rack of the smoker and cook for 1 hour. Mop or baste twice during cooking.
Once the ribs have cooked for 1 hour, glaze with BBQ Sauce and finish for a final 10 minutes to allow the sauce to glaze the ribs. Serve and enjoy.
Cook's Note: Ribs may require additional cooking time due to size and tenderness.Rib Rub:
With a wooden spoon, blend the brown sugar, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, salt, dry mustard, black pepper, seafood seasoning and ginger powder until mixed. Then bag until usage. Yield: 1 quart.BBQ Sauce:
In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and salt in a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes to blend flavors. Remove from the heat and hold until using. Yield: 1/3 gallon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Southern Italian-Style Short Ribs, Chipotle-Plum BBQ Pork Ribs, Spice Rubbed Grilled American Bison Short Ribs with Orange Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Pork Rib Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes