Soy Herb Glazed Chicken Satay
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup assorted fresh herbs (recommended: cilantro, basil, mint and parsley leaves)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 12 slices
Combine all of the liquids with the sugar and jalapeno in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. Add the fresh herbs: cilantro, basil, mint and parsley, then pulse to combine.
Cook's Note: To pulse, the blender should be turned on to reach high speed, then turned off and on 10 to 12 times.
Finally, add the garlic and pulse, as above, 3 more times. Remove the sauce from the mixer to a serving bowl. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours before using, if possible.
Heat a grill to medium heat.
To make the satays, lay the chicken flat and skewer, in a weaving pattern, then coat with 1/2 of the soy herb glaze. Grill for 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the grill to a serving platter and serve with remaining sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.