Three-Cheese Grits and Crab
- 1 quart (4 cups) seafood stock
- 2 cups uncooked grits
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 tablespoons sliced scallions (5 to 6 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes (about 1 plum tomato)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley, plus 4 small sprigs for garnish
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar
- 2 ounces shredded Gruyere
- 2 ounces shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup milk, or as needed to adjust texture of grits
- 1 pound cooked lump crabmeat
Bring seafood stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add grits, reduce heat, and cook until grits are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, scallions, tomatoes, parsley, and the 3 cheeses. Use milk to adjust the texture of the grits mixture if it is too thick. Gently fold in crabmeat and transfer to serving dishes. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved.