- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon blended salt and pepper, plus more for seasoning
- Four 4- to 5-ounce portions veal shoulder, tenderized and thin
- 2 tablespoons butter plus 1/4 cup butter or mascarpone
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon blended minced fresh thyme and parsley
- 1 cup veal stock
In a bowl, season the flour with the salt and pepper blend. Then lightly dust all the veal with the seasoned flour.
Next, in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over high heat, warm the 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Then add the dredged veal to the butter. Reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook 2 minutes. Then flip and repeat the process. After cooking, remove the veal and place on a plate or tray. Then deglaze the pan with the marsala. Add the mushrooms, garlic and herbs and stir. Finally, add the stock and allow to blend and reduce for 3 minutes. Taste, then season with salt and pepper. Finally, remove the sauce from the stove. Whisk in the remaining butter and pour over the cooked veal and serve.
Recipe courtesy Robert Irvine's Eat, Robert Irvine's Nosh