Venison and White Bean Crostini with Black Olive Tapenade
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/8 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 small can (approximately 16 ounces) white beans (such as cannellini), drained
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 small wheel garlic and herb soft cheese (about 5 to 6 ounces) (recommended: Boursin), divided
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced into 16 (1/2-inch) slices and toasted
In a hot saute pan, brown venison with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and shallots. Add thyme and beans. Smash and break up the beans as you stir them into the mixture. Add red wine and cook until dry. Remove from heat and crumble 3/4 of the wheel of cheese into mixture and let cool. Finely chop black olives combine with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1/4 of reserved cheese and parsley to olives, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Take 16 slices of the toasted bread. Spoon venison mixture onto each slice. Garnish on top with black olive mixture.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.