- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds sliced venison top round, cut into 2-ounce portions and pounded thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 asparagus spears, tips only
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Season venison with salt and pepper and sear both sides lightly. Arrange on a baking sheet.
Combine mayonnaise, egg yolks, lemon juice, and crab boil seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Stir in lump crabmeat, trying to avoid breaking up lumps. Spoon crab mixture onto each venison cutlet and place 2 asparagus tips criss-crossed on top. Bake in oven until crab is light golden brown.
Copyright 2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved