- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, approximately
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons English dry mustard
- 4 dashes (about 1/2 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds English sharp Cheddar, grated
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Slice bread into 1/2-inch thick slices, butter each slice, sprinkle with Parmesan and place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown.
Whisk cream, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and gradually adding Cheddar. Heat until flavors are integrated, cheese is melted, and mixture is thickened. Serve as a fondue in which to dip bread crisps.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray