Bat Wings with Bog Dip and Sinking Hands
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 chicken wings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white
- Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish or plastic bag, combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, five-spice powder, hot sauce, salt and black pepper, to taste. Mix well. Add chicken wings and chicken breasts and turn to coat (at this point, you may refrigerate up to 24 hours).
To make the "hands", reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Unroll dough and separate into 12 breadsticks. Roll into 4-inch long "fingers" and place on baking sheet. Brush egg white all over breadsticks and place almond slice on 1 end, making a fingernail. Sprinkle Parmesan over rest of breadstick. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
To make the dip, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, parsley and mustard. Mix well. Place dip in a serving bowl and insert fingers. Serve the wings with the dip and "hands" and reserve the chicken breasts for the salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.