Croque Monsieur Sandwiches with Pears
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced (canned pears may also be used)
- 8 ounces leftover ham slices
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese (4 to 8 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
Coat a large griddle or skillet with cooking spray and preheat to medium heat.
Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread. Spread mayonnaise on remaining 4 slices of bread. Top mustard side of slices with pear slices, ham and cheese. Place second slice of bread (with the mayonnaise) over top, making a sandwich.
In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and water. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture and turn to coat both sides. Place sandwiches on hot griddle and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until egg is cooked and cheese melts.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller