Linguine with Clam Sauce
- 1 box linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) cans whole baby clams, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces bottled clam juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cook linguine according to package directions until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute 2 minutes, until tender. Add clams and saute 2 minutes. Add oregano, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Add clam juice, chicken broth and vermouth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Pour clam sauce over drained linguine, add parsley and toss to combine. Top with Parmesan just before serving.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved