Aunt Peggy and Uncle Bill's Stuffed Cabbage
- 1 large head green cabbage, cored removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup converted rice - Uncle Ben's
- 1 (1.5-ounce) packet meatloaf seasoning (recommended: McCormick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped onions - Ore-Ida
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce (recommended: Newman's Own)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green peppers, celery and onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Insert a large fork into the bottom of the cabbage. Holding the fork place the cabbage into the boiling water for about 10 seconds. Remove from water and peel off the leaves. Place the leaves in a large bowl and set aside.
Place 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in the center of a leaf. Fold over sides and roll up. Repeat with remaining leaves and meat. Place cabbage rolls seam side down in cabbage leaf lined pan. Cover with chopped onions.
Serve hot with sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.