Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese crumbles (recommended: Treasure Cove)
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons fines herbs (recommended: Spice Islands)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 (6-ounce) filet mignon steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning, plus 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1 cup organic beef stock (recommended: Swanson)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (recommended: Christopher)
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onion (recommended: Ore-Ida)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine bleu cheese, bread crumbs, herbs, and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil; set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large saute pan and heat over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper and to add pan, but do not crowd. Sear 1 to 2 minutes per side just to brown. Remove pan from heat and transfer steaks onto prepared baking sheet.
Top each steak with 1/4 of blue cheese mixture. Finish cooking steaks in preheated oven for 4 minutes for medium-rare, 6 minutes for medium, and 8 minutes for well done.
Return pan to stove and deglaze with cognac by scraping bits from bottom of pan. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce liquid by half.
Serve steaks hot with sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Filet Mignon Goat Cheese and Pancetta, Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Toasted Goat Cheese and Twice Cooked Red Chile Sauce, Blue Cheese Crusted Filet with Potato and Corn Hash and a Port Reduction, Blue Cheese, Roast Beef Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes