Brats on a Stick with Sweet Mustard Glaze
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey BBQ seasoning mix
- 4 cooked bratwurst links, each sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 medium white mushrooms, cut in half
- 16 frozen pearl onions, thawed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Special equipment: 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
In a small bowl, stir together the apple jelly, mustard, apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and honey BBQ seasoning. Set aside.
Alternate 2 pieces of bratwurst, red pepper, mushroom and pearl onions on each of the skewers. Brush with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on an oiled grill and cook, 3 minutes. Flip and liberally brush with the glaze. Grill an additional 3 minutes, then flip and brush with more glaze. Grill for an addition 2 minutes per side, brushing again with the glaze.
Remove from the grill and serve. Any remaining glaze can be brushed onto the skewers or served alongside as a dipping sauce.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray