Cajun Turkey Burgers with Cayenne Curly Fries
- For Fries
- 1 (28-ounce) bag curly fries (recommended: Ore-Ida)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For Burgers:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions and bell peppers, thawed
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 onion buns
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- For Curly Fries:
DirectionsFor Curly Fries:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In large bowl combine all ingredients and toss until fries are well coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.For Sauce:
In small bowl combine all ingredients and mix until blended. Set aside.For Burger:
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Wet hands to prevent sticking, and form 4 patties of equal size. Spray grill pan with cooking spray.
Reduce heat to medium and cook patties for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.For the sauce:
Place all the ingredients into a small serving bowl and stir until combined.
Place the cooked burgers on the buns and serve with lettuce, tomato, onion and ranch dressing.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray