Chocolate Strawberry Crepes with Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 6 French style crepes (recommended: Frieda's)
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 6 tablespoons whipped topping (recommended: Cool Whip)
- Caramel sauce (recommended: Smucker's)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting (recommended: Hershey's)
In a medium bowl, macerate strawberries, sugar, and orange liqueur for 30 to 60 seconds.
Lay 1 crepe flat on serving plate and lightly spread 1 tablespoon chocolate spread, 1 tablespoon whipped topping, and 1/4 cup strawberry mixture. Roll crepe or fold in quarters. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Serve immediately with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007