- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup, thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag frozen hash browns
- 2 tablespoons southwest steak marinade seasoning
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 cup beef broth
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 white bread slices, toasted
- Special equipment: medium-size biscuit cutters, for poaching eggs
For the hash, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add corned beef, hash browns, seasoning, peppers, green onions, beef broth and Worcestershire. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
For the eggs, fill a shallow frying pan 2/3 full with water. Add white vinegar. Over low heat, place biscuit cutters into water so they lay flat along the bottom of frying pan. Crack eggs and drop 1 into each biscuit cutter. Simmer until eggs are poached, about 4 minutes. If you like your yolks cooked through, poach an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully remove with spatula. Serve eggs and corned beef hash with white toast.