Creamy Artichoke Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 (32-ounce) box low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup lowfat yogurt, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts, season with salt and pepper and saute another 5 minutes. Add the broth, bring to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Puree until smooth with a hand blender or in a blender in small batches. Whisk in 3/4 cup yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the pesto sauce and lemon juice. Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with about 1 tablespoon yogurt and drizzle with the thinned pesto sauce.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray