- 4 (6-ounce) pre-packaged French-style croissants, not frozen, toasted or warmed in the oven
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 package dry hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Fresh tarragon leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
Slice croissants horizontally and place all 4 on a baking sheet.
Fill a medium-sized frying pan halfway with water. Over medium heat, bring water to a simmer. Add white vinegar to water. Do not let water boil. Working with 1 egg at a time, crack egg into a small bowl and slide into simmering water. Simmer eggs 3 to 5 minutes, or until whites are cooked and yolk is still soft. Transfer eggs with slotted spoon onto a plate.
TIP: Eggs can be pre-cooked and refrigerated to this point. Reheat by sliding egg into simmering water for 1 minute at time of service.
Separate croissant halves and place together forming a circle, cut-side up. Top each half with a slice of prosciutto and a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over the top of the egg. Garnish with tarragon leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.