Basic Gingerbread Cookie Dough:
- 1 package (14.5-ounces) gingerbread mix
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream
- Multi-colored sprinkles, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine gingerbread mix, melted butter, and egg. Add up to 1/4 cup flour if dough seems too wet.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out dough with a 2-inch round cookie cutter and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
Sprinkle the cinnamon into the ice cream. Spread ice cream on bottom half of cooled cookies and top with remaining cookies. Dip sandwiches in sprinkles for fun.