- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in, end cut pork chops (about 5)
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, chile powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add half the can of tomatoes (reserve the remaining tomatoes for the Round 2 Recipe Beef and Bean Burritos). Add the pork chops, seal, and mix everything together. Put the bag into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Heat your outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
While the pork chops are cooking, make the cabbage. Shred half the head of cabbage (reserve remaining half for Round 2 Recipe Beef and Bean Burrito). In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. When it is hot, add the cabbage and cook until it starts to wilt, about 3 minutes. Then add the vinegar, brown sugar, and salt, to taste. Stir it well and cook until the cabbage is completely wilted and just tender, about 5 minutes.