- 1 (16-ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (reserve 1 scallion for Round 2 Recipe Coconut Chicken Soup)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and turn off the heat. Add the rice noodles and let them soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. (Reserve 1 cup cooked noodles for Online Round 2 Recipe Summer Rolls.)
In a wok or a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. When it is hot, add the eggs and cook until they are firm. Remove them from the pan and let them cool a bit. Roughly chop them and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chile sauce, lime juice, garlic, and broth. Set side.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan along with the carrots, scallions, and bean sprouts and stir fry 1 minute. Add the reserved eggs and sauce, stirring to coat everything completely. Cook for another minute. Serve garnished with peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee