- 1 1/2 cups white beans, reserved from Spicy Spinach Stew recipe
- 1/4 cup spinach, reserved from Spicy Spinach Stew recipe
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pita pockets
In the bowl of a food processor combine the white beans, spinach, garlic, cumin and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and pulse until almost smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until completely incorporated. If the consistency is too thick add a couple of tablespoons of warm water.
Cut the pita pockets into quarters and toast. Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and serve with the pita.