Simple White Bean Caesar with Herb Garlic Bread
- Herb Garlic Bread:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- One 10-ounce baguette, sliced lengthwise and cut in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 15-ounce can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the herb garlic bread: In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, basil, parsley and garlic. Spread the herb butter evenly over the cut sides of the bread. Reserve half the garlic bread for another use, such as Round 2 Recipe Garlic Bread Pizza. Place the other pieces onto a baking sheet, buttered-side up, and put it into the oven until the bread is warmed through and browned around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
For the salad: In a bowl large enough to hold the salad, whisk together the mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, Worcestershire and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the beans and toss to coat. Add the lettuce and toss to coat with the dressing. Transfer to a platter or divide the salad evenly among 4 large plates. Serve with a piece of the garlic bread.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee