Smoked Turkey, Brie, and Apricot Quesadilla
- 8 flour tortillas, taco size (recommended: Mission)
- 5 ounces brie cheese, sliced, divided
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (recommended: Smuckers), divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (recommended: Kraft), divided
- 2 cups fresh mixed herbs (parsley, basil, tarragon, chives, mint, oregano)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat and oil grate when ready to cook.
Lay out 4 tortillas; top each tortilla with brie, smoked turkey, apricot preserves, and Jack cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
In a bowl, toss to combine herbs and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Place quesadillas on hot oiled grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cheese has melted flipping with a spatula. Serve hot topped with mixed herb salad.
Prepare quesadillas as directed. In a skillet large enough to fit tortillas, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully fry both sides of quesadillas for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown; turning with a large spatula. Garnish, as directed.
Recipe courtesy Sanda Lee, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee