Spicy Brown Sugar Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat and add the carrots. Cook for 2 minutes, then drain in a colander and set aside.
In a medium-size pot combine all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Add the drained carrots and toss to combine. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes to incorporate flavors. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee