Spicy Chocolate Truffles
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-fine shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a medium saucepot, heat the cream, cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until it firms up, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
In the meantime, place the toasted coconut, cookie crumbs, cocoa powder and chopped pistachio nuts onto separate small plates.
Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes to soften.
Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out the chocolate into the toppings and roll them around to completely coat. Place on a plate and serve. Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days in an airtight container.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2012