Steamed Dumpling Spoons with Special Sauce
- For the dumplings:
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped straw mushrooms (recommended: Polar)
- 3 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons hot and spicy Szechwan seasoning mix (recommended: Sun Luck)
- 21 gyoza or pot sticker wrappers
- For the special sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian Chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
DirectionsFor the special sauce:
Special equipment: bamboo steamerFor the dumplings:
Place 1 tablespoon of filling on each wrapper and gather sides up to middle. Leave center of dumpling open. Tap bottom on counter so dumplings sit upright. To keep dumplings from drying out, cover with a damp paper towel until ready to steam.
Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit bamboo steamer. Lightly spray with cooking spray and fit into steamer.
Place dumplings in steamer and set on top of a wok or medium pot of boiling water. Steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until filling is cooked through.For the special sauce:
In a medium bowl, stir together all Special Sauce ingredients.
Serve dumplings on a Chinese soup spoon with a small amount of sauce.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2007