Steamed Pork Wonton Dumplings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 (5-ounce) can water chestnuts, strained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon jarred minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pack oriental sesame dressing mix
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) pack wonton wrappers
- Savoy or Napa cabbage
- Bamboo steamer
In a large bowl mix pork, water chestnuts, scallions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, egg, sesame dressing mix, and oyster sauce. Fill center of each wonton wrapper with 1 teaspoon of meat filling. Gather wrapper up and twist to secure sides. Brush the edges of the wontons with water to help seal. Arrange cabbage leaves on the bottom of a bamboo steamer. Place dumplings about 1-inch apart and steam until the filling is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.