- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup salsa (I like tomatillo but whatever you have is fine)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion for garnish, sliced
In a large bowl combine leftover turkey and salsa. To construct quesadilla, place one tortilla on work surface and spread with half the mashed sweet potato. Then add half the turkey mixture and half the cheese. Top with tortilla and brush with a bit of canola oil.
In a large skillet over medium high heat add quesadilla oil side down then brush the top with oil. Cook for about 3 minutes until bottom begins to brown and cheese starts to melt. Flip and repeat.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chipotle, cumin, and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.