White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla whipped topping, for garnish
- Candy cane, crushed or whole, for garnish
- Peppermint liqueur, optional
- White chocolate liqueur, optional
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the half-and-half, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of vanilla whipped topping and a candy cane.
Cook's Note: For a tasty adult drink, add desired amounts of peppermint and white chocolate liqueurs.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee