Sassy Wonton Tacos
- 8 small square wonton wrappers*
- 1 cup dry coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sesame ginger dressing (recommended: Newman's Own Lighten Up!)
- 4 ounces cooked and shredded (or finely chopped) skinless lean chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tablespoon serving
*Often stocked near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
To make the wonton shells, spray the inside and outside walls of a deep square or rectangular baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly drape the wonton wrappers over the pan's walls on a diagonal, making triangle-shaped "shells." (Use two pans, if needed, to keep the wontons from overlapping.) Bake them until just crispy enough to hold their shape, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, but leave the oven on. Carefully remove the shells and gently open them to form "tacos." Set aside.
In another bowl, combine chicken with BBQ sauce; mix well and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute the BBQ chicken among the shells, followed by the slaw, about 1 tablespoon of each per shell. Lay the filled wontons gently on their sides on the baking sheet.
Spray the shells lightly with nonstick spray. Bake for about 5 minutes, until warm and crunchy. Let them cool slightly and serve!
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 2 wonton tacos): 96 calories, 1g fat, 302mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 3g sugars, 8.5g protein