- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces peeled and crushed fresh ginger
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- Flour slurry: (to thicken)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add the chicken to a large saute pan over medium heat and pour in the sauce. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, skimming off any fat that rises. Bring to a boil again and add the flour slurry, then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Arrange the chicken in a deep serving platter and cover with the sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Sue Maynard, former cook at Rainbow Drive-In in Honolulu, HI.