- 2 lemons, halved, plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 4 ears corn, husked and snapped in half
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
and add to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes to the pot and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add the corn and cook 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, slice along the back of each shrimp through the shells; remove the veins and rinse the shrimp. Add to the pot, cover and cook until the shrimp curl and are just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the shrimp and vegetables with a slotted spoon or skimmer to a large bowl. Add the butter and about 1 cup broth to the bowl and toss until the butter is melted. Transfer the shrimp and vegetables to a platter. Serve with the remaining broth, lemon wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 379; Fat 10 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 225 mg; Sodium 735 mg; Carbohydrate 41 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 30 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.