Shrimp Enchiladas with Mole
- 1/4 cup mole sauce (recommended: Dona Maria) or your favorite prepared mole sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small piece Mexican chocolate (about 1/4 of an individual round)
- 18 medium shrimp, peeled, tail removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 6 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced 14/-inch thick
- 1 cup crumbled Mexican queso fresco
- Chili de arbol powder, for garnish
- 1 lime, quartered
In an aluminum baking tray on a preheated grill, mix mole and olive oil together. Add the chocolate and cook until it melts, stirring frequently to keep the chocolate from scorching. Set aside and keep warm.
Toss shrimp with salt, garlic powder and paprika and grill until pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from grill and chop into pieces. Grill jalapenos and onion slices until nicely marked and slightly softened.
Grill tortillas, turning, until they are warm and pliable. Dip each tortilla in the mole sauce to cover completely. Place some shrimp in each tortilla, roll up loosely, and set seam down in mole. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and grill, covered, until cheese melts.
Put 2 or 3 enchiladas on a serving plate, and top with sliced lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes, and queso fresco. Sprinkle chili de arbol powder over the top, and serve with lime wedges and grilled jalapenos.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.