- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the oil. Stir in the onions, peppers, garlic, bay leaves and cumin. Stir and cook for 8 minutes.
Stir in the rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the rice is tender. Serve hot.