Sole with Anchovy Sauce
- 2 whole lemon soles, black skin and head removed
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh butter
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 12 fresh oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 3 teaspoons blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon marsala
Season fish with salt and pepper and roll in flour. Place clarified butter in heated pan and add floured fish. Cook gently for four minutes.
Place 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh butter in a saucepan and add 4 anchovy fillets. Smash anchovies into the butter and allow butter to foam, then draw away from heat and mix anchovies well into butter. Add chives, parsley, oregano leaves and blanched almonds to anchovy butter. Moisten with white wine and marsala. Bring to a boil.
Place soles on a warmed serving dish slightly overlapping them, and nap with the sauce.
This idea comes from Ristorante alla Cisterna in Trastevere, Italy.