Spanish Seafood Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (21/24), shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds baby squid bodies and tentacles, cleaned
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Dungeness crab meat, picked over
- 8 piquillo peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Spanish green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cornichon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling.
Brush the shrimp and squid with canola oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill until slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes for the shrimp and 6 minutes for the squid bodies and tentacles.
Combine the shrimp, squid, crab, peppers, celery, onions, olives, cornichon and parsley in a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.