- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 20 Anaheim or Poblano peppers, cut in 1/2, seeds removed
In a saute pan over medium-high heat add the oil. Once heated add the celery, bell peppers and onion and saute for about 8 minutes. Add sausage and garlic and brown. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Take off heat and stir in parsley, hot sauce and bread crumbs. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Stuff peppers with vegetable and cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes or grill until char develops.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.