Sunny's Pantry Bars
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup salted peanuts, gently chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Kosher salt
- For the Bars:
- 1 stick, plus 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup strawberry jam
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
To make the bars: In a stand mixer, blend the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in order, scraping down the sides as needed. Slowly blend in the flour then fold in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Press into the bottom of the prepared dish, then spread the jelly over the entire dish.
Sprinkle the reserved peanut topping over the top and bake until the edges and topping are golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Allow it to cool before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson