Sweet Potato Chili Cakes with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 4 cups peeled and grated sweet potatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce, recipe follows
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce:
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Pinch salt
In a small bowl lightly beat the milk and egg until well mixed. Add to the sweet potato mixture, stirring, until all the ingredients are well combined.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add enough vegetable oil to cover bottom of skillet. Drop the sweet potato mixture, by rounded teaspoonfuls, into the hot oil. Press lightly to flatten the mixture to the size of a half dollar. Cook until the cakes are golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the cakes to a serving platter. Top each cake with a small amount of Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.