Mache and Herb Power Salad
- 4 cups mache or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup strong fresh herbs, such as chives, chervil, tarragon or dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
In a large bowl, combine the greens, parsley, basil and other herbs. Put the vinegar in a small bowl and, whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Dress the salad with the vinaigrette, tossing to coat the leaves. Sprinkle the nuts on top and serve.
Photograph by Kat Teutsch
Recipe courtesy of Ted Allen from In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks for Food Network Magazine