- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, ground fine
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Season each fillet with salt and pepper. Mix the toasted macadamia nut into soft butter, add in panko, salt and pepper. Spread top of fish with the crust and sear quickly in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot saute pan on both sides.
Citrus aka-miso sauce:
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon aka-miso paste
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes, softened
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt and white pepper
Reduce wine by a third. Add cream and reduce by another third. Over low heat stir in miso paste, then slowly add in butter incorporating each cube. Be careful not to heat the sauce to high, sauce will break. Finish seasoning with lime juice, salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt because the miso paste is salty too.