- 20 to 25 (1 1/4 pounds) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked linguini
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, tops only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence.
Place the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large 14-inch skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan, spreading them evenly in 1 layer. Cook for 2 minutes then turn them to the other side. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper and add the pasta, crushed red pepper flakes and green onions, tossing to coat well. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the parsley, and toss to combine. Serve hot.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
- Published by William Morrow, 1993.