Thracian Clay Pot
- 1 heirloom tomato, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 ounces Bulgarian feta
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced charcuterie, such as Lukanka or a similar European dry-cured sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 serrano pepper, split
- Pinch fine paprika, Hungarian or Spanish
- Special equipment: 1 clay baking pot with lid
Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F. Cover the bottom of the clay pot with the tomatoes. Cover the tomatoes with the bell peppers. Add the scallions, then the feta, then the savory. Drizzle with the oil. Cover the lid of the pot and bake, 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the oven and add the charcuterie. Crack the eggs on top of the charcuterie. Place the serrano pepper on top. Bake until the eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the oven and sprinkle with paprika.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.